Tuesday, February 28, 2012

How To Get Abs Fast As A Beginner

ByJason Camacho

Expert Author Jason Camacho

As a beginner, you're going to need a few tips if you want to start developing six pack abs fast. What I'm about to give you is basically a "Guide To Six Pack Abs For Beginners" and this is something I looked deeply into because I know what it's like to be a beginner and have no idea where to start. When I first started exercising and working out, I literally had no clue what I was doing.

So what did I do? I implemented every little thing I heard from friends, fitness "experts" and infomercials on t.v. Yes, I was very dumb, but we all learn through experience. However, I don't want you having to through that awful learning stage I went through, so instead I'm going to give you exactly what you need when you first start out on your journey to six pack abs. What is it? It's information. Information is so vital to getting anywhere with your Fitness Program because you won't get anywhere if you don't know how to do it.

So, what I've done is compiled 5 of the best tips that helped me achieve six pack abs much faster, as well as a guide to growing your success by building upon your workouts and developing yourself better. This is all exactly what I did at first when I finally realized what really works, so I can promise you will have a great deal of success when you follow this guide.

Take Protein before and after workouts

The first thing you want to put into practice as a beginner is to take protein. Not just any protein, but you want to take incredible sources of high protein. Sources like this would include Wild Salmon, Whey Protein Concentrate, Organic Pastured Eggs, and Grass-Fed Meat, but these are only to name a few of the best sources of protein. Now that's the normal everyday kind of protein you should be eating, but to get more specific, you should be drinking protein shakes DAILY.

If you truly want to change your stomach permanently and get real six pack abs, you need to help your body along with this process by taking two protein drinks a day. Here are two amazing things to look for when buying protein powder for your shakes. One, make sure it's either vegetable protein, whey protein concentrate, and is full of amino acids. Never go for Whey Protein Isolate as this hurts you more than helps you.

The second, and final thing is to look for protein powders that include large amounts of amino acids, which are the building blocks of protein. I recommend you drink a protein shake twice a day as a beginner, once before your workout and once after, as this will get your body used to high protein intake. Once you start building more muscle with the protein you can increase your intake, but as a beginner, stick with a protein shake twice a day.

Get good sleep

This tip isn't just for beginners, because sleep definitely helps everyone get better results. However, it's mainly targeted towards you beginners because your body isn't used to working out yet, so you have to help your body along by getting enough sleep and help yourself become familiar with the stress and soreness you'll be receiving as you exercise more. Sleep is extremely crucial for a number of reasons.

First, your body utilizes protein more and builds more muscle during your sleep, so if you don't get enough sleep then you don't give your body amplified time to develop more muscle. And secondly, your body deals with bad sleep as stress, and when your body is under stress, more hormones are produced that build up more fat. The basic concept is that if you get less sleep, you gain more fat, but if you can get good, healthy amounts of sleep, then you can begin to increase fat loss and decrease fat build up.

Lastly, your body needs energy for the following workouts throughout the week by recovering from your last workout. When you don't get enough sleep, then your body doesn't recover correctly from previous workouts and you aren't able to have energy to accomplish any kind of exercises the next day. The same thing applies for cardio, if you can't have any energy to burn fat with your workouts, then what's the point of even trying? Avoid this problem, get more sleep, and you'll notice increased energy and easier time losing weight. Trust me, healthy amounts of sleep is something I have yet to accomplish sadly, and it shows, but I'm planning on fixing the problem. Don't be like me, but instead learn from my mistakes.

Stretch before and after workouts

One thing many beginners don't understand is the power of stretching. As a beginner, you're going to know everything and no one is right about anything because you know it all. Nope, completely wrong. This is the mind set many people (including myself) have and it ends up destroying them later down the road. If you're one of those beginners who "knows everything," then the best advice I can give you is to drop your pride and listen to what others have to tell you. I learned this the hard way as I was getting almost no success with my workouts.

So, one thing you shouldn't neglect is stretching before your workouts. I know it doesn't sound cool and it's a "complete waste of time" but just trust me and do it. Your muscles receive more growth and you maximize your ability to workout longer when you stretch, so don't make the mistake of not stretching. I recommend you do light warm-up stretched before your workout to get some blood flowing and prepare your muscles for what's to come, and do some cool-down stretches after your workout to increase the muscle growth and stimulation.

Stretching is vital to building muscle mass as a beginner since your body isn't used to it yet, so take advantage of this awesome tip. I want to be completely honest, I don't do this. I know I should, because like I've been preaching, it helps. However, I just tend to forget, and I know that isn't the best excuse, so I'm going to do my best to get this one thing down.

Balance your abdominal workouts

If there's one thing that prevents people from getting pure, toned abdominals, it's this one thing: they don't balance out their abdominal workouts and instead they target one abdominal muscle group every single workout. Your six pack abdominal muscles aren't just one big core muscle, but instead they're separated into three core groups. The obliques, upper abdominals, and lower abdominals.

So you have three core muscle groups around your stomach. You're probably thinking, why should I care about this? Well, if you truly want the kind of six pack abs you see on models, trainers, and actors, you'll listen to this. You absolutely HAVE to balance your ab exercises and target all of your key muscle groups.

Not just one muscle group. Not just two, but all of them. Have you ever seen someone with extremely toned upper abs but from their midsection down they just have flab hanging off their belt? Ya, this is what happens when you perform exercises that only target specific abdominal muscles. Don't miss out on getting awesome abs, by making this mistake.

This is a beginner mistake that I made, and I don't want you making the same mistake.

The Gradual Six Pack Process - Building Muscle

Now this is where I want to really guide you on where to start out as a beginner with your workouts, and how to eventually get to the point where your abs are rock hard and no exercise is tough anymore. As a beginner, I was all over the place with my workouts. I would do different ab exercises everyday, I' would increase the weight on several occasions, and I was just getting nowhere with my workouts.

That is until I understood the entire process and where to start out as a beginner. Now eventually you'll get to the point where you'll be using weights for your exercises (I don't recommend you do now), and when you do get to that point, I want to make one thing clear. Yes, it's going to take a while, but once you arrive at that point where your abdominal muscles are strong and developed, I don't want you being comfortable. That probably sounds harsh, but let me explain.

If you truly want to get somewhere and obtain a toned stomach, then you have to use weights that push you to your limits and extend you to greater heights with your workouts. You're going to feel uncomfortable with certain weights but by doing this, you'll gain faster results and achieve your goals much easier. No one said getting toned abs was going to be "comfortable" so I highly suggest you push yourself to see what you're capable of once you get to that point.

Slowly Building Your Abs - The Beginning Step

Now as a beginner, you're going to want to start off with simple exercises that work your core, and perform them at a steady pace so your body gets used to this whole "workout" thing.

Now regarding when to workout your abs, I highly recommend you start off with three days a week, at 20 minutes. For example, I started off working my abs Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I would work them for 15-20 minutes to get a good feel for working out, and I'd use the other days as recovery. This is exactly what I recommend you doing as a beginner, because you're slowly going to work your way up to harder exercises and obtain that six pack much faster.

Developing Your Workouts - The Middle Phase

I was strong enough to move into Phase 2 after about two weeks because I really started to see a difference in my strength and stomach toning, and I knew it was time to "upgrade." That's generally a good rule to follow, is moving up to each phase after 2-3 weeks, but it can be different for everyone.

Now, once you become comfortable with Phase 1, you're going to transition into Expert Abdominal Exercises. "Oh no, not expert exercises." Now hold on, when I say "expert" I only mean they're a bit harder than the beginner exercises so your abs are going to develop a bit faster and easier. So with your upgraded exercises since you'll be introducing them to your body slowly, I recommend you do what I did.

I kept performing my the beginner exercises Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, and I slowly introduced the expert ab exercises to my body by performing them Tuesday and Thursday. Again, this is my personal process, and you don't have to follow it, but I do share it with you because it worked.

Now after a couple weeks of doing this, I transitioned into performing expert abdominal exercises three times a week like Monday, Wednesday, and Friday and I performed beginner exercises Tuesday and Thursday. Basically I just switched the days and did more expert exercises and less beginner exercises. I do this to methodically introduce harder workouts to my body and increase the development of my abs.

Upgrading Your Abs - Increasing The Muscle

Before moving into Phase 3, I gave myself a good 3-4 weeks of powerful strengthening with Phase 2, because I knew I wasn't ready to "upgrade" yet and so did my body. Now you may be different, but that's a general example to follow.

So, once I did transition into Phase 3, here's what I did differently. Instead of performing Expert Exercises three times a week separately from performing Beginner Exercises twice a week, I combined both kind of exercises into three days a week, and increased my workout time to about 30 minutes. But, that's not it! To replace performing Beginner Exercises twice a week, I added in Weighted Beginner Exercises.

So here's a full glance at Phase 3: Beginner and Expert Exercises combined Monday Wednesday and Friday for a good 30 minutes and Tuesday and Thursday we have Weighted Beginner Exercises (which we slowly introduce again) for a good 15 minutes, which will really challenge us and push your abs to the limit. I recommend you stick with Phase 3 for a good 2-3 weeks before you transition to Phase 4.

Developing A Toned Stomach - Training Harder

The second to last phase is here. Though it may sound a bit harder, it really isn't too much of a difference because we're kind of taking the same concept from Phase 2 and repeating it. So, I said before that I recommend you stick with Phase 3 for 2-3 weeks, so once you feel like that's becoming a bit too easy, you know it's time to transition. Now the only difference this time is that you're going to get rid of Beginner Exercises and replace them with the Weighted Beginner Exercises.

The days you used to perform Weighted Beginner Exercises, you're now going to perform Weighted Expert Exercises. I know that sounds completely confusing so let me give you a full grasp of what I mean.

Now, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, you're going to be performing Weighted Beginner Exercises with your Expert Exercises for a good 30 minute workout. Tuesday and Thursdays you're only going to be performing Weighted Expert Exercises, because these are a pretty big difference in difficulty from Beginner Weighted Exercises.

So again, this is a slow transition to get your body used to the new exercises, so what I did was stick to this Phase for 2-3 weeks until I wasn't struggling with any of it anymore. This isn't to say you won't be better than me or need a little more time, but this is a general idea of what to expect.

Ultimate Results - Final Phase

Once Beginner Weighted Exercises become much easier for you, it's time to transition into the Final Phase. Now this is only the Final Phase because you're basically going to stick with this plan to continue maintaining toned abs. You don't want to go back to lower Phases that won't help you because you'll just lose the results you gained. This is why it's good to stick to this phase and continue maintaining a solid, chiseled stomach.

This isn't to say you can't switch up different Expert Weighted Exercises, but it is good to continue with this Final Phase from here on out. So, let's get into the Final Phase. From here on out, and I mean for the rest of your six pack abs life, you're going to follow this phase.

Monday, Wednesday, and Friday you'll be performing Expert Exercises and Weighted Beginner Exercises for a good 30 minute ab workout. Tuesday and Thursday you'll be performing solely Weighted Expert Exercises because these are the toughest of them all.

Now remember with weighted exercises that you should constantly be increasing the weight to push yourself to new limits, because getting those abs was never meant to be "comfortable." Consistently increase your weights and avoid sticking with comfortable weights that keep you at a steady level.

Well, that is basically it for the entire process from Beginner to Expert, but I promise you along the road you'll see huge distinctions in the appearance of your stomach. Then once you get to this permanent phase, you'll definitely have toned, six pack abs, and you'll know the exact process to share with people.

And finally, If you're looking for the absolute best beginner tips for how to get six pack abs then I highly recommend you download my free e-books which show you how to get abs fast naturally.

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Jason_Camacho

Did you find this article helpful?10Get Involved0 commentsSuggest a topicArticle ToolsPrint this articleE-mail to a friendEzinePublisherReport this articleCite this articleStay InformedGet notified by email when new articles are added to this category or written by this author.Subscribe to New Article Alerts:

Health and Fitness: Build-Muscle
Jason Camacho

Email Address:SubscribeBuild Muscle Article FeedFind More ArticlesSearchRecent ArticlesReducing Belly Fat - You Too Can Lose the Belly FatHardgainer Workout Routine - Top 3 Weight Lifting ExercisesOverview of The Ab CircleBSN N.O.-XPLODE - Commonly Asked Questions About This SupplementBSN N.O.-XPLODE NT - 6 Things You Should Learn About This Sports SupplementBSN N.O.-XPLODE Caffeine Free - Top 6 Benefits Of This Powerful SupplementThe 6 Things You Should Avoid While Taking Bodybuilding SupplementsBSN TRUE-MASS - 6 Benefits To Learn About This Sports SupplementMuscle - What Happens When You Start Training3 Effective Exercises to Get Ripped Abs FastSubmitted On February 15, 2012. Viewed 10 times. Word count: 2,609.

MLA Style Citation:
Camacho, Jason".".15 Feb. 2012EzineArticles.com.17 Feb. 2012 .APA Style Citation:
Camacho, J. (2012, February 15). . Retrieved February 17, 2012, from http://ezinearticles.com/?How-­To-­Get-­Abs-­Fast-­As-­A-­Beginner&id=6882380Chicago Style Citation:
Camacho, Jason "." EzineArticles.com. http://ezinearticles.com/?How-­To-­Get-­Abs-­Fast-­As-­A-­Beginner&id=6882380EzineArticles.com© 2012 EzineArticles.com
All Rights Reserved Worldwide

About UsFAQContact UsMember BenefitsPrivacy PolicyShopSite MapBlogTrainingVideo ArchiveAdvertisingAffiliatesCartoonsAuthorsSubmit ArticlesMembers LoginPremium MembershipExpert AuthorsEndorsementsEditorial GuidelinesTerms of ServicePublishersFollow UsTerms Of ServiceEzines / Email AlertsManage SubscriptionsEzineArticles RSS

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment