Monday, March 19, 2012

Brute Upper Body Pressing Power

, develop brute upper body strength,handstand pushups,brute upper body pushing power"; // -->Rahul MookerjeeBasicAuthor|  4 Articles

Joined: January 21, 2012IndiaWas this article helpful?00ByRahul Mookerjee

Expert Author Rahul Mookerjee

Back when I was a kid in high school, I was one of the skinniest guys around. I wasn't much of an exercise fanatic back then - but something I've always wanted to have was a huge upper body. At that time, I had no idea about how to train the body, or what parts of the body are the most important to train - or anything like that, but all I knew is I wanted a huge, barrel chest along with arms to match. And mostly for the "look" - it's sad, but true, that most kids at that age don't have an inkling of what REAL strength can do for you.

A few years later, I started to train regularly, and started doing pushups on a regular basis. These didn't quite give me the results I wanted, but then I found out I wasn't doing them right - so I started doing them right, and started to see results. Fast forward a few years, and I'm doing like 250 pushups per workout - on a daily basis - which is not a bad number to be cracking off daily. And I got more than the results I wanted from this routine - but, I still wasn't quite growing out of my shirts like I'd have liked to. I had a flat stomach, a strong chest - but my shoulders, while not under developed by any means, weren't bursting out of my shirts.

But, there was ONE thing lacking in my routine - and that was doing pushups from a handstand position; in other words, handstand pushups.

Ever since I started doing this amazing exercise, I've never looked back. My upper body strength has skyrocketed - and my chest and shoulders have grown broader than ever before. I think I wrote to you a while back about having difficulty shopping for shirts? Well, that problem persists - we're never quite sure whether the shirt I buy today will fit me in a couple of month's time. Also, remember that I'm 31 years of age, and not exactly a spring chicken any longer. - but, I have a far stronger upper body than I've ever had before in my life.

And folks keep asking me if I go to the gym and lift weights - and my answer is always, NO. It's an honest answer - I don't lift weights, but remember that bodyweight exercises done correctly will give you even more "bang for the buck", and the example I've just given you is a case in point.

Remember that while handstand pushups are one of the best exercises you can do for the upper body, they are NOT for everyone. If you have wrist problems - work into these with caution, strengthen your wrists, or use pushup bars to do them. If you are currently unable to do more than 10 regular pushups in a row - then you're probably NOT ready to start banging out handstand pushups. Trust me on this - I developed a nasty bone "spur" from doing these when I wasn't quite ready for it - which took a while to heal - so don't make the same mistake yourself.

And last, but not least, remember that a BALANCED exercise routine is of utmost importance. You can do handstand pushups all day long, but you'd be well advised to mix in other things into your routine for best results. More on that later.

Have a great weekend, and if you're training this weekend - make it a super one!

Best regards,

Rahul

PS: If you have kids, make sure that they know that while academics is of utmost importance, physical exercise is equally important for overall development. Make sure they have access to the RIGHT training information - not the nonsense being pushed around in the bodybuilding magazines - most of that is as applicable to normal folks as a pigeon landing on Mars.

Rahul Mookerjee
http://www.rahulmookerjee.com
http://www.simpleandeffectivediet.com

Article Source:http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Rahul_Mookerjee

Did you find this article helpful?00Get Involved0 commentsSuggest a topicArticle ToolsPrint this articleE-mail to a friendEzinePublisherReport this articleCite this articleStay InformedGet notified by email when new articles are added to this category or written by this author.Subscribe to New Article Alerts:

Health and Fitness: Build-Muscle
Rahul Mookerjee

Email Address:SubscribeBuild Muscle Article FeedFind More ArticlesSearchRecent ArticlesHow to Get Involved in Bodybuilding CompetitionsBodybuilding 101 BasicsAb Flattening Foods - 3 Secret Foods That Flatten Your Abs5 Quick And Easy Ways To Build Muscle Fast With Each Passing Year!3 Common Muscle Building Obstacles5 Ways To Supplement Your Protein Intake To Build Muscles Fast!9 Ways To Consume And Process Enough Protein To Build Muscle Quickly!7 Things You Have To Know Before Choosing Bodybuilding As A Career!Foods to Eat to Get a Six PackGlute Muscle Building Exercises For MenSubmitted On March 03, 2012. Viewed 16 times. Word count: 659.

MLA Style Citation:
Mookerjee, Rahul".".3 Mar. 2012EzineArticles.com.14 Mar. 2012 .APA Style Citation:
Mookerjee, R. (2012, March 3). . Retrieved March 14, 2012, from http://ezinearticles.com/?Brute-­Upper-­Body-­Pressing-­Power&id=6917992Chicago Style Citation:
Mookerjee, Rahul "." EzineArticles.com. http://ezinearticles.com/?Brute-­Upper-­Body-­Pressing-­Power&id=6917992EzineArticles.com© 2012 EzineArticles.com
All Rights Reserved Worldwide

About UsFAQContact UsMember BenefitsPrivacy PolicyShopSite MapBlogTrainingVideo ArchiveAdvertisingAffiliatesCartoonsAuthorsSubmit ArticlesMembers LoginPremium MembershipExpert AuthorsEndorsementsEditorial GuidelinesTerms of ServicePublishersFollow UsTerms Of ServiceEzines / Email AlertsManage SubscriptionsEzineArticles RSS

View the Original article

No comments:

Post a Comment